Tuesday, May 24, 2011

What I'm Lovin' Today!

So as I mentioned in my last post, I'm in Indianapolis for the week of the Indy 500 race!  My team and I are staying at the Staybridge Suites on the north side, in Carmel and it's a great place =)  My room has a fridge/freezer, microwave, dishwasher, dishes and stovetop PLUS the Staybridge has a free laundry room, pool & hot tub, mini theater, all-hours convenience "store", business room and more.  This morning, I squeezed in a workout at the 24 hour fitness center before grabbing some free breakfast in the lobby.  Seriously, this place is such a sweet deal-- as it turns out, my team tries to stay here every time they're in Indy!
The fitness center- this morning I did the treadmill & elliptical

The outside of the Staybridge
My room (mid-blog)

Anyway, my birthday is this Saturday (yay!) but I'll be in Indy working so I'm adapting things a bit.  Since I have to be at IMS (Indianapolis Motor Speedway, aka the racetrack) around 4 am on Sunday, the plan is to skip the bars and instead just have a big group Hibachi dinner with all my fellow Workers for Saturday evening.  One of my teammates and I ate at a nearby Japanese restaurant-- my first!-- for dinner last night and it was so good =)  It was called Izakaya, and we actually found it by accident when we Google mapped a Chinese restaurant that ended up being a seafood restaurant.... Weird... Sooo it turns out I'm a huge Hibachi fan and didn't know it!
My leftover Hibachi from Izakaya - tastes WAY better than it looks, I promise =)

And now on to gifts I'm hoping for!  In addition to all the VV, Lilly and Tory Burch post-it notes I left everywhere hints I dropped to my parents, I'm crazy about the adorable custom Lilly products from this Etsy site, My Pink and Green Garden.  You get to choose the Lilly print and they'll deliver your monogrammed pillow, image pillow, word pillow, memo board or lamp & shade.
I'm crazy about this memo board in the White Zin print!

These throw pillows are too cute!
I'm also begging hoping for a Kindle 3G since I'm a HUGE reader.  I always said I'd never switch to the e-book from the paper book but trying to keep pages from flipping while on the elliptical or keep corners from bending in my purse is a losing battle.  No way will I totally surrender my paperbacks but in some circumstances, I just need to get me a Kindle!  And a cute sleeve to protect it-- besides Lilly or Vera Bradley, do you have any suggestions?

Have a great Tuesday =)

-Jules

No comments:

Post a Comment