Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Summer/Fall Movies: 2 down, 1 million to go!

I'll be honest, I had no real interest in seeing the newest Pirates of the Caribbean-- since I knew Orlando Bloom & Keira Knightley would be MIA-- but we got some free passes to see it, so of course we went.  I still like the first one the best but 'On Stranger Tides' is still a fun movie!  I went with two people who haven't actually watched the Pirates movies, aside from bits and pieces of the first one, so I can tell you first hand that you don't have to have seen the first three in order to understand the fourth, though it makes a huge difference when you're familiar with the characters and recognize several of the references.

The other movie I saw recently was X-Men First Class.  Now, the only X-Men movie I'd seen before this was the X-Men Origins: Wolverine movie, and I've never read the comic books, so I'm not hugely familiar with the characters.  But I thought this was awesome!  Not sure how you'll feel if you did read all the comic books or watch the cartoon growing up, so sorry I can't help you there.  However if you like the superhero genre or are into movies with a little sci fi and some action, then I can definitely recommend you go see this!  It was totally worth my $10 =)

Upcoming movies I can't wait to see: Hangover 2 (yeah, yeah), Super 8, Green Lantern, Bad Teacher, Mr. Popper's Penguins, Cars 2, Transformers 3, Horrible Bosses, HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS part 2 (definitely seeing this at midnight!!!), Captain America, The Change Up, The Help, Conan the Barbarian, The Three Musketeers, Winnie the Pooh (I've always liked them!), Immortals, Puss in Boots, The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo

And those are just the ones I know of!  So basically if it's coming out and it's not a scary movie, I'll probably go see it =)

Movies I still need to check out: The King's Speech, The Black Swan, Water for Elephants, Fast Five

Any other suggestions?

Have a great Thursday =)

-Jules

No comments:

Post a Comment