Friday, June 10, 2011

59

That's how many children I helped feed for a whole year.  Real Housemom and I spent a couple hours this afternoon (yesterday?) volunteering for an organization called Feed My Starving Children, or FMSC.


 We participated in what's called a Mobile Pack, where a church hosts an event to put together food bags (known as MannaPack Rice, info here) to box up and send to countries throughout Central & South America, Africa, the Middle East and Asia who are in severe need of nutritional assistance.  It was really great to be a part of something like this, a volunteer organization working to end hunger.  I loved having the chance to pack some food, and I'm thinking it would be a good use of my time to do additional volunteer work while I'm job hunting =)

When the Mobile Pack was over, Real Housemom and I had some errands to run.  See, I'm going to Indiana again (you'll learn this is a semi-regular occurrence), this time for the wedding of a friend who worked with Boyfie and me at Applebee's in college.  I've already got my dress-- Lilly, of course!-- but I was in dire need of shoes and a coordinating dress shirt & tie for Boyfie.  I found him a shirt that's just about the exact shade of green on part of my dress (it's a patchwork) and two ties to choose from, one pink and one green.  Of course the green striped tie would  not be worn with the green shirt for this, but that's neither here nor there.

After a quick dash off to the bank, Real Housemom and I raided stopped at DSW, aka Heaven.  Where I proceeded to find not only shoes for the wedding, but also shoes for basically every other occasion in my life.  Note: I hadn't bought a new pair of shoes in almost a year, so this trip was more like an annual pilgrimage.  No joke, scroll down if you don't believe me!!

Wedges from Guess
 First things first I found the shoes that were basically what I had in mind for the wedding.  The ceremony is outdoors and the reception is indoors, so I figured a wedge would be a good compromise for both events!

Sandals from Teva
I enjoy hiking, kayaking, etc. so there was no way I could pass up these Tevas.  They were on the clearance racks AND had an extra 30% off - and these things last forever so I'm looking at it as an lifestyle or hobby investment =)

Rainboots from Sperry Topsider
And le piece de resistance - my new Sperry rainboots.  Having had to walk a mile to and from work every day, my feet kept getting destroyed whenever it rained.  No joke, I'm talking horrible blisters and even some bleeding!!  These babies, however, feel more like slippers.  They're so cute and so comfy, I can't wait for the next time it rains =)

Once we left DSW, we popped into Ulta to see if I could use that presh little $3.50 off coupon they send in the mail all the time.  Well by the time we got there, we were both tired and I had just spent practically my life's savings on shoes so we didn't stay for long.  I just couldn't focus on all the makeup products, so I'll probably be going back tomorrow or Saturday.  Our last stop for the day/night was Le Target to pick up a couple last-minute groceries, which meant Real Housemom and I didn't eat dinner till about 10:00!  Which is why it's so late now.... Ok, time for bed, Boyfie's waiting for me to call and say goodnight!

Have a great Friday =)

-Jules

No comments:

Post a Comment