Friday, June 24, 2011

Productivity

I like to be super busy.  I was involved with everything under the sun while in college (and high school.... and junior high...) so it's really hard for me to currently be living with my parents in the suburbs while I interview for jobs.  Instead of having a plethora of activities Sharpied (yes, it's a verb) into my color-coded planner, every day is different and depends on what Real HouseMom has in mind for the day.

I'll be honest, it's a struggle to stay focused on the job hunt when there's so much that needs work around the house, and now I'm home with RHM full-time.  Yesterday and Wednesday were spent in the basement, which is literally so scary I'm not going to post any photos.  We've lived in our house almost 20 years, and have an unfinished basement that is home to all the toys, books, games, clothes, artwork, decorations, etc. that accumulate over the decades.  So in addition to trying to clean everything and split it into four categories (keep, donate, sell, trash), we're also making plans for the ceiling, walls, floors and dividing the entirely open space into individual rooms.  Phew!

On top of that, RHM and I are planning to have the wallpaper (eww, yes, wallpaper) stripped from the dining room and guest bathroom so we can totally redo those rooms.  My big procrastination at the moment has been spending hours on the House Beautiful, Better Homes & Gardens, Southern Living and Country Living websites to get ideas for paint, decor and more.

And the weather here in Chicagoland has been cool and rainy throughout the week, so all I've wanted to do is curl up with a good book or catch all the fun summer shows on TV.  I usually just drag my MacBook down to the family room (biggest TV!) and work from there.

How do you manage to get big projects done in addition to the everyday work?

Have a great weekend =)

-Jules

No comments:

Post a Comment